- Liu, L., Miller, H.J. and Scheff, J. (2020) “The impacts of COVID-19 pandemic on public transit demand in the United States,” PLOS ONE 15(11): e0242476.
- Li, Y., Hyder, A., Southerland, L.T., Hammond, G., Porr, A. and Miller, H.J. (2020) “311 service requests as indicators of neighborhood distress and opioid use disorder,” Nature Scientific Reports, 10, 19579.
- Lee, J., and Miller, H.J., (2020). “Robust accessibility: Measuring accessibility based on travelers’ heterogeneous strategies for managing travel time uncertainty.” Journal of Transportation Geography, Elsevier. doi.org/10.1016/j.jtrangeo.2020.102747
- Liu, L., Miller, H.J., (2020). “Measuring Risk of Missing Transfers in Public Transit Systems using High-Resolution Schedule and Real-time Bus Location Data.” Urban Studies. doi.org/10.1177/0042098020919323.
- Lee, J., Irwin, N., Irwin, E., and Miller, H.J., (2020). "The Role of Distance-Dependent Versus Localized Amenities in Polarizing Urban Spatial Structure: A Spatio-Temporal Analysis of Residential Location Value in Columbus, Ohio," 2000–2015. Geographical Analysis. 10.1111/gean.12238.
- Lee, J., Porr, A., and Miller, H.J., (2020). “Evidence of Increased Vehicle Speeding in Ohio’s Major Cities during the COVID-19 Pandemic.” Transport Findings, June. https://doi.org/10.32866/001c.12988.
- Xiao, N. and Miller, H.J. (2020). “Cultivating urban big data.” In Shi, W., Goodchild, M., Batty, M., and Kwan, M.-P. (Eds.) Urban Informatics. Springer. In Press.
- Xiao, N. and Armstrong, M. P. (2020). “Genetic algorithms and evolutionary computing.” In John P. Wilson (Ed.) The Geographic Information Science & Technology Body of Knowledge (1st Quarter 2020 Edition). DOI:10.22224/gistbok/2020.1.1.
- Xiao, N. (2020). “Evolutionary algorithms.” In Audrey Kobayashi (Ed.) International Encyclopedia of Human Geography, 2nd Ed.. Elsevier. In Press.
- McHaney-Lindstrom, M., Hebert, C., Miller, H.J., Moffatt-Bruce, S. and Root, E. (2020) “Network analysis of intrahospital transfers and hospital-onset Clostridium Difficile infection,” Health Information and Libraries Journal, 37, 26-34.
- Miller, H.J., (2020) “GIScience, fast and slow: Why faster geographic information is not always smarter,” Progress in Human Geography, 44, 129-138.
- Jaegal, Y. and Miller, H.J. (2020) “Measuring the structural similarity of network time prisms using temporal signatures with graph indices,” Transactions in GIS, 24, 3-26.
- Park, Y., Mount, J., Liu, L., Xiao, N. and Miller, H.J., (2020). “Assessing public transit performance using real-time data: Spatio-temporal patterns of bus operation delays in Columbus, Ohio, USA,” International Journal of Geographical Information Science, 34, 367-392.