John Glenn College of Public Affairs
- 7531 Economic Development Policy | Graduate
Takes a practical approach to the legal, policy and business issues related to urban redevelopment. Gain a legal perspective as they investigate business and public policy issues surrounding redevelopment in our urban core.
Prereq: Not open to students with credit for 880.02
College of Engineering
- 2050T Introduction to Geographic Information Systems | Undergraduate
A study of spatial relationships using global positioning and geographic information systems in urban and rural landscapes. Prereq: GenMath 1140T (140T). Not open to students with credit for 225T.
This course is available for EM credit.
College of Education & Human Ecology
- 2213 Experiencing Urban Education | Undergraduate
Examination of the multi-ethnic character of the urban community and the unique educational problems prospective teachers should be conscious of in order to be more effective when working with minorities.
Repeatable to a maximum of 12 cr hrs
- 4005 Urban Teaching and Learning | Undergraduate
This course introduces students to issues related to teaching and learning in urban school contexts.
Prereq: Not open to students with credit for 559. GE soc sci indivs and groups and diversity soc div in the US course.
- 5880.04S Interprofessional Education: Collaboration in Urban Communities | Undergraduate, Graduate
Students, faculty, community residents and professionals offer research-based solutions to community identified challenges. Focus on community asset mapping, best professional and interprofessional practices, and teamwork.
Prereq: Jr standing or above. Repeatable to a maximum of 6 cr hrs. Cross-listed in HthRhSc and Nursing.
- 2250 History of Technologies in Urban Schools and Communities | Undergraduate
Introduction to the co-evolution of urban cities and different technologies with a focus on the development of urban population centers in the US.
- 2251 Technology Interventions in Urban Schools and Communities | Undergraduate
Develop media and computer competencies to support social justice projects in urban schools and communities.
- 7288 Urban Communities, Technology, and Education | Graduate
Examines the institutional, political, and historical factors shaping the uses of educational technologies in urban schools and communities.
Prereq: Not open to students with credit for EduPL 789.
- 7029 Urban Issues in Education | Graduate
Understanding of the dynamics of urban schools and the relationship between minority status and poverty, and educational achievement in urban schools.
Prereq: Not open to students with credit for EduPAES 729
College of Food, Agricultural, & Environmental Sciences
- 4602 Urban Landscape and Greenhouse Entomology | Undergraduate
An economic entomology course covering the insect and mite pests of ornamental plants, turfgrass and greenhouse crops. Major pest groups are covered and control of the pests using Integrated Pest Management is emphasized.
Prereq: Entmlgy 1101 (Entomol 101), 1111, 3000 (500), or 4600. Not open to students with credit for Entomol 462.
- 4604 Urban Entomology | Undergraduate
An introduction to household and structural insect pests, and integrated pest management strategies for combating these insects in urban and sensitive environments. Prereq: Entmlgy 1101 (Entomol 101), 1111, 3000 (500), or 4600 (460 or 462).
- 5110 Ecology and Management of Pathogens and Insects Affecting Trees in Forest and Urban Environments | Undergraduate, Graduate
Overview of major pathogens and insects affecting health of forest and shade trees with emphasis on diagnosis, ecology, and management. Video-linked to Wooster. Sp Sem.
Prereq: Not open to students with credit for Entomol 461 or PlntPth 610. Cross-listed in PlntPth.
Environment and Natural Resources
- 5279 Urban Soils and Ecosystem Services: Assessment and Restoration | Undergraduate, Graduate
A comprehensive study focused on assessment and restoration of urban soil to provide essential ecosystem services. Urban soil laboratory provides hands-on experience with soil assessment and restoration.